BC National Forest Week, September 19 to 25, 2021
Plan for your 2021 BC NFW event. This year, it will be September 19 to 25, 2021. Check out some teacher resources if you are developing some lessons in or outside the classroom.
January 2020: Forests are the Real Classrooms of BC.
BC National Forest Week Coalition
Established in 2013, the BC National Forest Week Coalition’s goal is to educate as many youths of BC about the different uses and value that we get from our forests including:
- the production of wood products,
- to providing local jobs,
- to a variety of recreation opportunities, and
- providing spiritual values.
We want everyone in BC to have the opportunity to spend time outdoors as well as appreciate our wonderful and diverse forests.
Who is BCNFW?
Representatives on the Coalition include:
- Canadian Institute of Forestry (CIF), BC Sections;
- Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP); and
- a number of forest products and consulting companies.
They are focused on promoting local NFW events and supporting organizers, helping to create successful events with educational resources.
What do we do for National Forest Week?
National Forest Week is our opportunity to rally the troops, wave the flag, and showcase the high level of professionalism used in managing the forest resources of BC.
Objectives of the BCNFW Coalition are to:
- Develop a coordinated approach to a provincial NFW program;
- Promote local events for the provincial forestry and forest management sectors;
- Reach out to communities, school children, and citizens; and
- Develop standard communications and news releases for a provincial-wide application, used by local event organizers.